Class 6 History Chapter 1 Extra Questions from the chapter – What, Where, How and When?
Class 6 History Chapter 1 Extra Questions – MCQs
1) People who gathered their food are called _______.
(B) skilled gatherers
(2) The places where rice was first grown are located in ________.
(A) north of the Vindhyas
(B) Suleiman hills
(C) on the banks of the Ganga
(D) the Garo hills
3) _______ was not used in the old books.
4) The kingdom of Magadha was located _______.
(A) on the banks of the Indus
(B) in the south of the Vindhyas
(C) in the area along Ganga’s tributaries in the south of Ganga
(D) in the Garo hills region
Class 6 History Chapter 1 Extra Questions – Fill in the blanks.
1) Men and women moved in search of livelihood and to escape from natural calamities.
2) The name India was given by the Iranians and the Greeks.
3) The bark of the birch tree was used to prepare manuscripts.
4) Inscriptions were written on hard surfaces like stones, metals.
5) Travelling from one place to another led to sharing of ideas.
Class 6 History Chapter 1 Extra Questions – True or False
1) First crops were grown almost 8000 years ago. True
2) The Garo hills are located in south of India. False
3) The Magadha Kingdom was set up near the Ganga river. True
4) The Rigveda is the earliest composition in the Sanskrit language. True
5) The Iranians and the Greeks called India Bharat. False
6) Inscriptions were written on the palm leaf. False
7) The years are counted with reference to the birth of Christ. True
8) The ordinary people used Prakrit to talk to each other. True
Class 6 History Chapter 1 Extra Questions
- Where are the Suleiman and Kirthar hills located?
Answer: The Suleiman and Kirthar hills are located In the modern-day Pakistan.
- Name any two animals which the people of the Suleiman and Kirthar hills reared.
Answer: Sheep and goat.
- Where are the Garo hills located?
Answer: The Garo hills are in the north-east of India. (See the map below)
- What are tributaries?
Answer: Tributaries are smaller rivers that flow into a bigger river.
- Name the tributary of the river Ganga.
Answer: Son river.
- Where was Magadha located?
Answer: Magadha was located in the south of the Ganga.
- Why was Magadha famous?
Answer: Magadha was famous because its rulers were very powerful who established a big kingdom.
- What was the job of religious teachers?
Answer: Religious teachers moved from one place to another to offer instruction and advice to the people who met on the way.
- From where does the word India come?
Answer: The word India comes from the Indus, known as Sindhu in Sanskrit.
- What is meant by manuscript?
Answer: Manuscript is hand-written text.
- What was used in the ancient times to write manuscripts?
Answer: Palm leaf or the bark of the birch tree was used in the ancient times to write manuscripts.
- What are inscriptions?
Answer: Inscriptions are writings on relatively hard surfaces like stone or metal.
- Why do archaeologists look for bones of animals, birds and fish?
Answer: They do so in order to find out what people ate in the past.
- What are the occupations of the people of the Andaman Islands?
Answer: The people of the Andaman Islands are engaged in fishing, hunting and collecting forest produce.
- Who are archaeologist? What do they do?
Answer: Archaeologists are persons who study the objects of the past. They study the remains of the buildings made of stone and brick, paintings and sculpture. They also explore and dig the earth in order to find out tools, weapons, pots, pans, ornaments and coins.