Decimal Number System
- Most commonly used.
- Also called as the Hindu-Arabic number system.
- It is base-10 number system.
- Ten digits (0 to 9) are used to form all the numbers of the decimal number system.
- Digits have two types of values in a number.
- Face Value
- Place Value
- Face value is value of the digit itself.
- Place value of the digits depend upon the positions of the digits in the numbers.
Types of the places and their values in a number
|Place Value chart in a number|
Various forms to represent any number
Standard form: 1234.5678
Expanded form: 1000+200+30+4+0.5+0.06+0.007+0.0008
Word from: One thousand two hundred thirty four and (point) five thousand six hundred seventy eight ten thousandth.