NCERT Class 6 Civics Chapter 7 Question Answers cover the book exercise in a simplified and precise way. NCERT Class 6 Civics Chapter 7 Question Answers are easy to understand and learn for exams.
NCERT Class 6 Civics Chapter 7 Question Answers
1. Why did the children go to Yasmin Khala’s house?
Answer: The children broke the streetlight while playing cricket. They didn’t know to whom did the street light belong. They went to Rehana’s mother who gave them the knowledge that it is the Municipal Corporation of the city that takes care of replacing lights. She also told them that Yasmin Khala would be the best person because she has just retired from the Municipal Corporation.
2. List four ways in which the work of the Municipal Corporation affects the life of a citydweller.
Answer: The Municipal Corporation affects the life of a city-dweller in several ways:
(1) it takes care of street lights.
(2) It stop the breaking out of diseases.
(3) It runs schools, hospitals and dispensaries.
(4) It takes care of garbage collection, water supply, keeping the streets and the market clean.
3. Who is a Municipal Councillor?
Answer: A Municipal Councillor is an elected representative of a ward. He is also known as Ward Councillor.
4. What did Gangabai do and why?
Answer: Gangabai and other women of her locality were very unhappy to find garbage lying all over the street and spreading foul smell. One day she said that it is the Ward Councillor who they should go to and protest since they are the ones who elected him. She gathered a small group of women and went to his house to get their problems solved.
5. How does the Municipal Corporation earn the money to do its work?
(1) Municipal corporation receives funds form high level government.
(2) Municipal corporation collects tax in various facilities they provide in the city.
(3) Municipal Corporation also collect tax from hotels, restaurants, etc.