NCERT Class 6 History Chapter 4 Question Answers covers the book exercise in a precise and simplified way. NCERT Class 6 History Chapter 4 Question Answers are easy to understand and learn.
NCERT Class 6 History Chapter 4 Question Answers
Match the columns
|1. Sukta||c. Well-said|
|2. Chariots||d. Used in battles|
|3. Yajna||b. Sacrifice|
|4. Dasa||e. Slave|
|5. Megaliths||a. Stone boulder|
Complete the sentences:
(a) Slaves were used for all types of work.
(b) Megaliths are found in South India, North-East India, and Kashmir.
(c) Stone circles or boulders on the surface were used to mark the burial site.
(d) Port-holes were used for burying the other member of the same family at the same burial site.
(e) People at Inamgaon ate wheat, barley, rice, millets, peas, sesame, pulses, etc.
3. In what ways are the books we read today different from the Rigveda?
(a) Modern books are printed and can be read whereas the Rigveda was memorized word by word and the knowledge was orally transferred to the students.
(b) Modern books are printed in various languages whereas the Rigveda was composed in Vedic Sanskrit language.
4. What kind of evidence from burials do archaeologists use to find out whether there were social differences amongst those who were buried?
The objects found in graves are usually different. Some skeletons were buried with many precious objects while some skeletons are found with just a few pots.
Thus, Archaeologists concluded that there were social differences amongst the people and they were buried with different types of objects as per their status.
5. In what ways do you think that the life of a raja was different from that of a dasa or dasi?
Rajas were the leaders of the community, whereas the dasas or dasis were the slaves that were captured in war. These dasas or dasis had to work for the rajas.
6. Find out whether your school library has a collection of books on religion, and list the names of five books from this collection.
A collection of five religious books:
(1) The Mahabharata
(2) The Ramayana
(3) The Bible
(4) The Bhagwad Gita
(5) The Quran
7. Write down a short poem or song that you have memorized. Did you hear or read the poem or song? How did you learn it by heart?
Answer: Write any song or poem you have heard.
Songs or poems are generally learned by repeatedly listening to them.
8. In Rigveda, people were described in terms of the work they did and the languages they spoke. Make a table to fill in the names of six people you know, choosing three men and three women. For each of them, mention the work they do and the language they speak. Would you like to add anything else to the description?
Answer: Complete this activity by yourself.