NCERT Class 6 History Chapter 5 Question Answers covers the book exercise in a precise and simplified way. NCERT Class 6 History Chapter 5 Question Answers are easy to understand and learn.
NCERT Class 6 History Chapter 5 Question Answers
State whether true or false:
(a) Rajas who let the Ashvamedha horse pass through their lands were invited to the sacrifice. True
(b) The charioteer sprinkled sacred water on the king. False
(c) Archaeologists have found palaces in the settlements of the Janapadas. *True
(d) Pots to store grain were made out of Painted Grey Ware. *False
(e) Many cities in Mahajanapadas were fortified. False
Fill in the chart given below with the terms:
|Farmers||one-sixth of the crop production|
|Traders||Taxes on goods they bought and sold|
|Craftspersons||In the form of labor|
|Herders||Animals or animal-produce|
3. Who were the groups that could not participate in the assemblies of the ganas?
(3) Kammakaras (Landless agricultural laborers)
4. Why did the rajas of Mahajanapadas build forts?
Answer: The rulers of Mahajanapadas built huge walls around their capital cities:
(1) For protection and safety from enemy attacks.
(2) For showing off their wealth and power.
(3) For better control over the people of the city.
5. In what ways are present-day elections different from the ways in which rulers were chosen in Janapadas?
In Janapadas, the leaders declared themselves as rulers by performing sacrifices. Any ruler completing the Ashvamedha sacrifice was considered a very powerful king. But at present times, leaders are chosen by people through voting in elections.
6. Were there any janapadas in your state? If yes, name them. If not, name the janapadas that would have been the closest to your state, and mention whether they were to the east, west, north, or south.
Answer: (Write answer according to the state you belong to)
Archaeologists have excavated a number of settlements in these janapadas.
(1) Purana Qila in Delhi
(2) Hastinapura near Meerut, Uttar Pradesh.
(3) Atranjikhera, near Etah, Uttar Pradesh.
7. Find out whether any of the groups mentioned in answer 2 pay taxes today.
Among the various groups of people, Traders are the ones who pay taxes in today’s time.
8. Find out whether the groups mentioned in answer 3 have voting rights at present.
Answer: Today, voting rights are given to everyone irrespective of their background, gender, or profession. Everyone who is 18+ years of age, has the right to vote.