All Important Religions of the World
|Cross: Religious Symbol of Christianity
Image source: wikipedia.org
- Most followed religion in world with about 2.4 billion followers.
- 3 branches of Christianity: Catholic, Protestant and Orthodox.
- Christians believe in only One God. (Monotheism)
- As per their beliefs, God created the everything.
- Father (God), Son (Jesus Christ) and Holy Spirit are the parts of people’s belief.
- Holy book: The Bible which consists of the teachings of Jesus Christ.
- Important festivals: Christmas (Birthday of Jesus Christ), Easter (Resurrection of Jesus Christ).
- Churches are the places for prayers for the Christians.
|Image by Fathromi Ramdlon from Pixabay|
- Second largest religion of the world with about 1.9 billion followers.
- Islam started in 7th century. (The newest among the major religions)
- Followers of Islam are called Muslims.
- Muslims are monotheistic and worship only one God (Allah).
- Prophet Mohammed is the founder of Islam.
- Quran is the holy book of Islam.
- Important festivals: Eid al-Adha, Eid al-Fitr.
- Mosques are the places for offering prayer to Allah for Muslims.
- Mecca and Medina are the important holy places for Muslims.
|Symbol of Hinduism – Aum
Image source – wikipedia.org
- Hinduism is the oldest and third largest religion in the world with 1.2 billion followers called Hindus.
- There is no clear evidences of its origin.
- More than 90% of Hindus live in India.
- Lord Vishnu, Lord Brahma, Lord Shiva are three major gods in Hinduism.
- Many other male and females gods and goddesses, deities are also worshiped in Hinduism.
- Holy books: Bhagwat Gita, Vedas etc.
- Temples of deities are the place for offering prayers to the Gods.
- Important festivals: Diwali, Dushera, Janmashthami, Holi, Rakshabandhan etc.
|Dharma Wheel of Buddhism
Image Source: wikipedia.org