Class 4 Social Studies Chapter 17 Question Answers cover book exercise questions in a simplified and precise way. Class 4 Social Studies Chapter 17 Question Answers are easy to understand and learn for exams.
Class 4 Social Studies Chapter 17 Question Answers
A. Fill in the blanks.
1. Sattriya is the classical dance form of Assam.
2. The two main types of dances and music in India are folk and classical.
3. The main two types of classical music in India are Hindustani and Carnatic.
4. The Mughals introduced the art of miniature paintings.
B. Name the following.
1. One example of British architecture in India: The Victoria Memorial
2. Oe famous Buddhist stupa: Sanchi Stupa
3. The caves in Maharashtra with famous 1500-year-old wall paintings: Ajanta Caves
4. Different forms of the same language: Dialects
C. Answer the following questions.
1. Why was Hindi chosen as the official language of the Government of India?
Because Hindi is understood and spoken by the largest number of people in India.
2. Name three examples of Mughal architecture in India.
Qutub Minar, Red Fort, Jama Masjid.
3. Which languages of India are written from right to left?
Sindhi, Urdu, Kashmiri.
4. On which occasions are folk dances performed?
Folk dances are performed on occasions like marriages, the birth of a child, festivals, etc.
5. Why are harvest festivals celebrated? Name three harvest festivals.
Farmers celebrate harvest festivals to express their joy when crops are harvested.
Onam (Kerala), Pongal (Tamil Nadu), Bihu (Assam), etc. are some of the harvest festivals.
D. Multiple choice questions.
1. One of the 22 scheduled languages of India is
(D) None of these
2. A language that is written from right to left is
3. The classical dance form of Assam is
4. The wall paintings in the Ajanta Caves in Maharashtra show the life of
5. The Rashtrapati Bhawan in New Delhi was built by the
Class 4 Social Studies Chapter 18 Questions Answers
Class 4 Social Studies Chapter 16 Questions Answers