Class 4 Social Studies Chapter 20 Question Answers cover book exercise questions in a simplified and precise way. Class 4 Social Studies Chapter 20 Question Answers are easy to understand and learn for exams.
Class 4 Social Studies Chapter 20 Question Answers
A. Fill in the Blanks.
1. The colors on our National Flag are Saffron, White, and Green.
2. The animals shown in our National Emblem include the Lion, the Horse, and the Bull.
3. Our National Anthem was written by the great poet Rabindranath Tagore.
B. Match the Columns.
|1. White||c. Truth and Justice|
|2. Saffron||d. Courage and Sacrifice|
|3. Green||a. Prosperity|
|4. Stand at Attention||b. National Anthem|
C. Answer the following Questions.
1. Name the three main national symbols.
(i) National Flag
(ii) National Anthem
(iii) National Emblem
2. Describe our National Emblem. What do the words ‘Satyameva Jayate’ on our Nationa Emblem mean?
Answer: Our National Emblem has four lions facing in different directions. There is Ashoka Chakra under the lions. There is a horse on the left and a bull on the right of the Ashoka Chakra.
The words ‘Satyamaeva Jayate’ mean ‘truth always wins‘.
3. Name any two occasions on which the National Flag is hoisted and the National Anthem played in your school.
Answer: Independence Day and Republic Day.
4. Describe our National Flag.
Answer: Our National Flag has three bands of different colors. It is called the ‘Tiranga’ or ‘Tricolor’.
> On the top, saffron stands for courage and sacrifice.
> In the middle, white stands for truth and justice.
> At the bottom, green stands for prosperity.
> At the center, There is Ashoka Chakra with 24 spokes.