Class 4 Social Studies Chapter 21 Question Answers cover book exercise in a simplified and precise way. Class 4 Social Studies Chapter 21 Question Answers are easy to understand and learn for exams.
Class 4 Social Studies Chapter 21 Question Answers
A. Write True or False for the following:
1. Saving fuel reduces air pollution. False
2. The fumes released by factories and cars cleans the environment. False
3. Reusing things helps reduce pollution.
B. Answer the following Questions:
1. What are the main components of the environment?
Answer: Two main components: (i) Living and (ii) Non-living components.
2. How are trees useful to the environment?
(i) Trees help to keep the air clean.
(ii) Trees help in water absorption by soil so that ground water levels are maintained.
(iii) The roots of trees bind the soil and prevent soil erosion.
3. How can you save fuel? How does this help the environment?
Answer: We can save fuel by walking o r cycling for short distaces.
Saving fuel will control air pollution and keep our environment clean.
4. Carrying your own bag when you go shopping helps the environment. How?
Answer: Plastic waste materials cause land pollution. When we carry our own bag, we reduce the plastic waste. These will control land pollution and keep our our environment clean.
Multiple Choice Questions.
1. Which of these is not a part of our ‘natural’ environment?
2. If we make a city by cutting down a forest, which of these will not happen?
(A) Air pollution will increase
(B) Soil erosion will increase
(C) Groundwater will increase
(D) Groundwater will decrease
3. Which of these will not help the environment?
(A) Using solar energy
(B) Saving electricity
(C) Reusing things instead of buying new ones
(D) Cutting down trees
Class 4 Social Studies Chapter 20 Questions Answers