Class 5 Science Chapter 4 Question Answers are simplified and precise. Class 5 Science Chapter 4 Question Answers are easy to understand and learn for exams.
#Class 5 Science Chapter 4 Plant Reproduction
#Class 5 Science Chapter 4 Exercises
Class 5 Science Chapter 4 Question Answers
1. Give one word for the following.
|1. Leaf-like structure in a seed.||Cotyledon|
|2. Part of a baby plant that grows into a shoot.||Plumule|
|3. A hole in a seed that lets the air go in.||Micropyle|
|4. Part of a baby plant that grows into the root.||Radicle|
|5. Reproduction in which a partner is not needed.||Asexual reproduction|
2. How do the following reproduce?
|2. Rose Stem||Cutting|
|7. Bryophyllum||Leaf Bud|
3. Answer the following questions.
a. What is reproduction?
Answer: The process through which a living thing (organism) produces new living things (young ones) like itself is called reproduction.
b. What conditions are needed for seed germination?
Answer: Sufficient water, optimum temperature, and Air (oxygen).
c. Why does a seed need these…?
(i) Oxygen is necessary for respiration which releases the energy needed for growth. Germinating seeds respire very actively and need sufficient oxygen.
(ii) Water softens the seed coats, causes their rupturing, increases the permeability of seeds, and converts the insoluble food into a soluble form. Water also brings in dissolved oxygen for use by the growing embryo.
(iii) Moderate Temperature is necessary for seed germination. Though germination can take place over a wide range of temperatures (5-40°C).
The optimum temperature for most crop plants is around 25-30°C.
The germination in most cases stops at 0°C and 45°C.
d. What happens to a seedling if it does not get light?
Answer: In dark stem will be longer, thinner, and small yellow leaves. Plants do need that period of darkness for their metabolism to work properly.
e. Give four advantages of vegetative propagation.
(1) It ensures quality production.
(2) No need for a partner.
(3) Tubers and bulbs can survive through difficult climatic conditions.
(4) Fruit without seed, disease, and drought-resistant plants can be produced using these methods.
4. Fill in the blanks by using the following words.
1. A shoot always grows towards Light(upward) and the root grows towards the soil(downward).
2. Water makes the seed coat soft and makes the stored food soluble.
3. When a seed gets water, air and warmth it germinates and grows into a new plant.
4. Vegetative propagation needs no partner.
5. Canna reproduce by suckers, rose by stem cutting, and dahlia by bulbs.
6. Bulbs and tubers can survive through adverse climatic conditions.
5. What are the functions of the following?
|i. Cotyledon||It contains high quantities of starch and will provide a source of food for the developing embryo prior to germination.|
|ii. Plumule||It gives rise to the shoot or stem.|
|iii. Radicle||It gives rise to the root.|
|iv. Micropyle||A small hole in the seed through which air and water go inside.|
Class 5 Social Studies Question Answers