Class 5 Social Studies Chapter 14 Question Answers from Conserving Our Environment. Class 5 Social Studies Chapter 14 Question Answers include simplified and precise solutions.
Match the Columns – Class 5 Social Studies Chapter 14 Question Answers
|1. land Pollution||e. Proper disposal of garbage|
|2. Broken Glass Disposal||c. Recycle|
|3. Water Pollution||a. Treating Sewage|
|4. Air Pollution||b. Air Filters in factories|
|5. Fruits rotting at home||d. Reduce purchase|
Fill in the blanks – Class 5 Social Studies Chapter 14 Question Answers
1. Everything around us makes our environment.
2. The burning of fuel causes air pollution.
3. Drinking polluted water can cause several diseases.
4. Waste paper is biodegradable (biodegradable/ non-biodegradable).
5. When you use a plastic bottle to store water in the refrigerator you are reusing (reusing/recycling) the bottle.
6. Rotting of leaves can produce manure called compost.
Class 5 Social Studies Chapter 14 Question Answers
1. What are the main causes of air pollution? How it can be reduced?
(1) Burning of fuels in vehicles, factories, houses, etc.
(2) Cutting the trees.
(3) Burning the garbage.
2. How can water pollution be reduced?
(1) By treating sewage and wastes from the factories.
(2) By not throwing animals’ dead bodies into the water.
3. Write three ways in which we can contribute to reducing pollution.
(1) Avoid using cars, bikes for short distances. By using bicycles or walking for short distances.
(2) Avoid wasting electricity. If there is no use, then switch off the electric appliances.
(3) Saving papers. Papers should be used wisely to avoid unnecessary wastage.
4. Explain the difference between biodegradable and non-biodegradable waste. Give three examples of each.
Biodegradable waste rots and mixes with the soils with time and non-biodegradable waste doesn’t rot and mix with soil.
Biodegradable waste – Vegetables, Animal dead bodies, Flowers, etc.
Non-biodegradable waste – Plastics, Glass, Metals, etc.
5. How can refusing result in the reduction of garbage?
If we refuse to use the things which are harmful to the environment, the garbage will be reduced. For example, if we refuse to use plastic bags then there will be very less plastic garbage. Reduced garbage will reduce pollution.
6. Give two examples of ‘reuse’.
(1) Using the empty glass jars to store pulses.
(2) Using plastic bottles for storing water in refrigerators.
7. How should waste like metals and glass pieces be disposed of?
=>Metals and glass pieces should be sent back to the factories for recycling where these waste materials are melted and used to make new things.
8. What is composting? What are its advantages?
The process where biodegradable waste is kept in a pit for 2-3 months. The waste rots and is converted into manure.
Composting is very useful as the manure is very good for the plants as many important nutrients are supplied to the plants by the manure.
MCQs – Class 5 Social Studies Chapter 14 Question Answers
1. Which of the following is biodegradable?
(A) Leather Belt
(B) Silver Foil
(C) Iron Nail
(D) Plastic Mug
2. Which of these is not Human-made?
3. Which of these natural resources is most affected by increasing fuel consumption?
4. Saving electricity helps the environment by reducing consumption of
5. Which of these will not rot even if left for a long time?
(A) Cloth Bag
(B) Plastic Bag
(C) Paper Bag
(D) Leather Bag
6. When composting biodegradable waste, which of the following are you doing?
Click here for MCQ ONLINE TEST
Class 5 Social Studies Question Answers
Class 5 Social Studies Extra Questions
Class 5 Social Studies Online Tests