Class 5 Social Studies Chapter 8 Extra Questions from the Grasslands of the Temperate Zone. Class 5 Social Studies Chapter 8 Extra Questions includes easy and simplified solutions.
Class 5 Social Studies Chapter 8 Extra Questions
1. What is the meaning of prairies?
Answer: Prairie is a French word meaning grassland or meadow.
2. What is humus?
Answer: Decomposed parts of leaves and plants that mix up into soil are called humus.
3. What types of grasslands are found in the world?
Answer: There are two types: 1. Temperate grasslands and 2. Tropical grasslands.
4. What are the differences between the tropical and temperate grasslands?
Tropical grasslands: Grasses are taller due to greater rainfall. They are mostly present in the Southern Hemisphere.
Temperate grasslands: Grasses are not very tall due to moderate rainfall. They are mostly present in the Northern Hemisphere.
5. What is the wheat basket of the world?
Answer: Prairies in the USA are perfect for wheat cultivation. This region produces a very large amount of wheat. So this region is called the wheat basket of the world. The USA is the largest exporter of wheat in the world.
6. What are crops other than wheat are grown in the prairies?
Answer: Maize, barley, rye, and oats. These are called cereals.
7. Which is an important center for slaughtering animals?
Answer: The city of Chicago.
Class 5 Social Studies Question Answers
Class 5 Social Studies Extra Questions
Class 5 Social Studies Online Tests