Class 7 Civics Chapter 2 Extra Questions from the chapter – role of the government in health. Class 7 Civics Chapter 2 Extra Questions includes all the important extra question answers in the simplified and precise way.
Class 7 Civics Chapter 2 Extra Questions
- What do people in a democratic country expect from the government?
Answer: People in a democratic country expect from the government to work for their welfare.
- Where are the most doctor settled?
Answer: Most doctors prefer to settle in urban areas.
- Name some water borne diseases.
Answer: Diarrhoea, worms, hepatitis.
- What problem do rural people face whenever they come in a grip of an illness?
Answer: They have to travel long distances to reach a doctor.
- What do we need to prevent and treat illnesses?
Answer: We need appropriate healthcare facilities such as health centres, hospitals, laboratories for testing, ambulance services, etc.
- What do you mean by a public health care system?
Answer: This is a system of hospitals and health centres run by the government.
- What happened to Hakim Sheik?
Answer: One evening in 1992, he accidently fell off a running train and suffered head injuries.
- Why did Hakim Sheik file a case in the court?
Answer: Hakim Sheik filed a case in the court because of the indifferent attitude of various government hospitals that refused to admit him.
- Who got costly medical treatment – Aman or Ranjan?
Answer: Ranjan got costly medical treatment.
- What did the court ask the State Government in Hakim Sheik case?
Answer: The court asked the State Government to give Hakim Sheik the money that he had spent on his treatment.
- What is full form of RMPs? Where are they found?
Answer: Registered Medical Practitioners. They are found in the rural areas.
- Where are private services, easily available?
Answer: Private services are easily available in urban areas.
- Why are poor people more likely to fall ill?
Answer: Poor people are more likely to fall ill because they are not provided basic necessities like drinking water, adequate housing, clean surroundings, etc.
- Why are women not taken to a doctor in a prompt manner?
Answer: It is because women’s health concerns are considered to be less important than the
health of men in the family.