Ecosystems and Ecology
Ecosystems and Ecology gives you the information about definitions and various examples to understand the concepts of environment, ecology, and ecosystems.
What is the Environment?
- Everything that is around is collectively known as Environment.
- The environment is the combination of living and non-living organisms and interaction between the living and non-living components.
- The environment keeps changing continuously as it is not static.
Components of the Environment
- Biotic Components – All the living organisms.
- Abiotic Components – All the non-living things are called the abiotic components.
Examples of biotic components
Examples of abiotic components
What is Ecology?
#Ecosystems and Ecology
- Oikos – the place to live in.
- Logos – Study
Components of Ecology
Individual – Individual and independent organism.
(ex. – a deer)
Population – Group of organisms of same species.
(ex. – a population of deer)
Community – Population of many species.
(ex. – populations of deer, lions, wolves, zebras, etc.)
Ecosystem – Interaction of community with their environment.
(ex. – relationship among all the community animals and the forests they live in)
Biome – Big reasons containing similar ecosystems.
(ex. – tropical rainforests)
Biosphere – Region on the Earth where life exists.
(ex. – complete biosphere of the earth)
What is an Ecosystem?
- Primary Producers (Autotrophs) – Plants that produce food by photosynthesis.
- Consumers – Herbivores, Carnivores, Omnivores.
Also Read about Various Forms of Energy