Ecosystems and Ecology
Ecosystems and Ecology gives you the information about definitions and various examples to understand the concepts of environment, ecology, and ecosystems.
Image by Pandanna Imagen from Pixabay
What is the Environment?
- Everything that is around is collectively known as Environment.
- The environment is the combination of living and non-living organisms and interaction between the living and non-living components.
- The environment keeps changing continuously as it is not static.
Components of the Environment
- Biotic Components – All the living organisms.
- Abiotic Components – All the non-living things are called the abiotic components.
Examples of biotic components
Examples of abiotic components
What is Ecology?
#Ecosystems and Ecology
- Oikos – the place to live in.
- Logos – Study
Components of Ecology
Individual – Individual and independent organism.
(ex. – a deer)
Population – Group of organisms of same species.
(ex. – a population of deer)
Community – Population of many species.
(ex. – populations of deer, lions, wolves, zebras, etc.)
Ecosystem – Interaction of community with their environment.
(ex. – relationship among all the community animals and the forests they live in)
Biome – Big reasons containing similar ecosystems.
(ex. – tropical rainforests)
Biosphere – Region on the Earth where life exists.
(ex. – complete biosphere of the earth)
What is an Ecosystem?
- Primary Producers (Autotrophs) – Plants that produce food by photosynthesis.
- Consumers – Herbivores, Carnivores, Omnivores.
Also Read about Various Forms of Energy