NCERT Class 6 Civics Chapter 7 Extra Questions cover all the topics in a simplified and precise way. NCERT Class 6 Civics Chapter 7 Extra Questions are easy to understand and learn for the exams.
NCERT Class 6 Civics Chapter 7 Extra Questions
1. What is a tax?
Answer: A tax is a sum of money that people pay to the government for the services the government provides.
2. What types of taxes do people have to pay?
Answer: People have to pay property tax on their homes as well as taxes for water and other services
3. What are the responsibilities of a Municipal Corporation?
Answer: Below are some of the responsibilities of a Municipal Corporation.
(1) Construction of roads, parks, bus-stops and other public places.
(2) To collect garbage from the cities and keep the city clean.
(3) To provide electricity and water facilities to the people.
(4) To keep the records of people in the city.
(5) To provide fire service in case of fire emergencies.
4. Why is a city divided into wards?
(1) For better representation of people.
(2) For an efficient administration.
5. What is a community protest?
Answer: When people are not happy with the administration. They express their dissatisfaction and opposition to the authority. Their combined protest against the administration is community protest.
6. What is sub-contracting?
Answer: When private contractors are hired and given the responsibility of doing some work, it is called sub-contracting.
For example, private contractors are hired to collect garbage from the city rather than having permanent workers. This sub-contracting saves money for the Municipal Corporation.