NCERT Class 6 Civics Chapter 8 Extra Questions cover all the topics in a precise and simplified way. NCERT Class 6 Civics Chapter 8 Extra Questions are easy to understand and learn for exams.
NCERT Class 6 Civics Chapter 8 Extra Questions
1. How many farmers in India are small farmers?
Answer: About 80% of the farmers in India are small farmers and 20% of the farmers are large farmers.
2. Why do people migrate?
Answer: People migrate from rural to urban areas for jobs, survival, education, etc.
3. How do the farmers pay back the loan to a trader?
Answer: Farmers pay back their loans to traders by selling their crops to traders at a lower price.
4. Why is the fishing activity not carried out during the Monsoon?
Answer: Fishing activities are not carried out for 4 months during the Monsoon as it is the breeding season for fish.
Fishermen undertake some other activities or survive on the money borrowed from a trader.
5. In what situations crops can be ruined?
(1) If the seeds are not of good quality.
(2) If pesticides and fertilizers are given properly.
(3) If the monsoon does not bring enough rain.
6. What is a “Debt Trap”? What are the consequences of a Debt Trap?
Answer: Farmers borrow money to buy seeds, fertilizers, etc. and crop production depends upon the seed quality, fertilizers, monsoon, etc.
If the crop production is not sufficient then farmers are unable to pay their debts. Sometimes, farmers may have to borrow more money. The loan becomes so large that farmers are unable to repay and they are caught in a Debt Trap.
In recent years, this has become a major cause of distress among farmers that leads to farmers’ suicide.