NCERT Class 6 Geography Chapter 7 Extra Questions cover all the topics in a simplified and precise way. NCERT Class 6 Geography Chapter 7 Extra Questions are easy to understand and learn for exams.
NCERT Class 6 Geography Chapter 7 Extra Questions
1. True or false.
(1) Due to the location of India, Monsoon winds bring most of the rain.
(2) Tropical rainforests are not very dense.
(3) Tropical rainforests are also called monsoon forests.
(4) Thorny bushes and shrubs are found in hot and dry areas of India.
(5) Siberian Crane, Stork, Flamingo, etc. migrate to India during the winter season every year.
2. What is the meaning of moderate climate?
Answer: Neither very hot nor very cold. Humidity is also neither too high nor too low.
3. What should we do to conserve wildlife?
(1) Stop buying products made of animal skins, fur, feather, teeth, or other body parts.
(2) We should understand the importance of wildlife.
(3) We should create awareness among others as well.
4. How are forests important for us?
(1) Trees release Oxygen and absorb Carbon Dioxide.
(2) Forests control erosion and floods.
(3) Forests are also the home to wildlife.
(4) We get Timber for furniture, firewood, Fodder for animals, Shelter, Herbs and other medicinal plants, Fruits, Lac, gum, honey, rubber, etc.
5. Why was Project Tiger launched?
Answer: Conservation of forests and wildlife is very important for our environment and our survival. Project Tiger was launched to protect Tigers from extinction.
6. Name some of the important animals found in India?
|Asiatic Lions||Gir Forest, Gujarat|
|Elephants||Assam, Kerala, Karantaka|
|Wild Asses||Kutch, Gujarat|
|Wild goats, Snow Leopards, Bears||Himalayan Region|