NCERT Class 6 Geography Chapter 8 Extra Questions cover all the topics in a precise and simplified way. NCERT Class 6 Geography Chapter 8 Extra Questions are easy to understand and learn for the exams.
#India: Climate, Vegetation, and Wildlife
NCERT Class 6 Geography Chapter 8 Extra Questions
1. What is the difference between weather and climate?
Answer: Weather is the atmospheric condition at any place for a short period of time. Whereas climate is the average weather conditions of a place for a long period of time.
2. What are the factors that affect the climate of any place?
(1) Latitude – Location of a place
(2) Altitude – Elevation of a place
(3) Distance from the sea
(4) Relief – Slope of the area
(5) Direction of the winds
3. How are forests useful to us?
(1) Trees release Oxygen and absorb Carbon Dioxide.
(2) Forests control erosion and floods.
(3) We get Timber for furniture, firewood, Fodder for animals, Shelter, Herbs and other medicinal plants, Fruits, Lac, gum, honey, rubber, etc.
(4) Forests are also the home to wildlife.
4. What is the importance of Project Tiger and Project Elephant?
Answer: Project Tiger and Project Elephant are the programs launched by the Indian Government to protect these animals.
5. How can we contribute to conserving wildlife?
(1) We can stop buying things made from parts of the bodies of animals such as their bones, horns, fur, skins, and feathers.
(2) We can spread awareness among the people for conserving wildlife and its natural habitat.