NCERT Class 6 History Chapter 8 Extra Questions cover all the topics in a simplified and precise way. NCERT Class 6 History Chapter 8 Extra Questions are easy to understand and learn for exams.
NCERT Class 6 History Chapter 8 Extra Questions
1. What did irrigation works include?
Answer: Irrigation works included canals, wells, tanks, and artificial lakes.
2. What were Jatakas?
Answer: Jatakas were stories composed by ordinary people. These stories were written and stored by Buddhist monks.
3. What were ring wells and why were they used?
Answer: Ring wells are rows of pots or ceramic rings arranged one on top of the other.
People used ring wells as toilets. They also used them as drains and garbage dumps.
4. What is a punch-marked coin?
Answer: The coins in which designs were punched on to the metal like silver or copper.
5. What is Sangam Literature?
Answer: Some of the earliest Tamil literature is known as Sangam Literature. They were composed about 2300 years ago.
They were composed and compiled in Assemblies (Sangams) of poets in the city of Madurai.
6. What steps were taken to increase agricultural production?
Answer: The use of Iron tools, transplantation techniques and irrigation helped in increasing agricultural production.
Iron tools such as axes were used for clearing forests and the ploughshare was useful for increasing agricultural production. Canals, wells, tanks, lakes, etc. were used for irrigation.
7. What were shrenis? What functions did shrenis of crafts persons perform?
Answer: Shrenis were the associations of merchants or traders.
>Shrenis of crafts persons provided training, procured raw material, and distributed the finished product.
>Shrenis of merchants organized the trade.
>Shrenis also served as banks.
8. What were the types of people who lived in villages?
(1) Landowners (Big Farmers)
(2) Ordinary Ploughmen (Small farmers)
(3) Landless Labourers (Kammakaras)
(4) Slaves (Dasas and Dasis)
Other than these people, craftspersons also lived in the villages.
9. What were the types of people who lived in cities or towns?
10. What are the sources of information about the cities?
(3) Archaeological evidence
(4) Accounts of sailors and travellers