NCERT Class 7 Civics Chapter 7 Extra Questions covers all the topics in a precise and simplified way. NCERT Class 7 Civics Chapter 7 Extra Questions are easy to understand and learn for the chapter Markets around us.
NCERT Class 7 Civics Chapter 7 Extra Questions
1. What are the different types of marketplaces?
(1) Weekly Markets
(2) Shopping Complexes and Shopping Malls
(4) Vending and hawking stalls
(5) Online Shops
2. Why do people go to a weekly market?
Answer: People go to the weekly market because
(1) Most of the things from daily needs are available in one place. People don’t have to go to different places.
(2) Rates are cheaper.
(3) People have a variety and a choice of goods.
3. Why are the goods cheaper in weekly markets than in shopping malls?
(1) Shops in weekly markets are not permanent and they don’t have to pay for rents, electricity bills, or any other expenses.
(2) Family members work together in such shops. So, workers are not hired and salaries are also not paid.
(3) There is competition among the sellers and goods are cheaply available after bargaining.
(4) The quality of goods is also lower in weekly markets.
4. Who are hawkers and street vendors?
|A Hawker is a person who moves from one place to another to sell different products. Mostly Hawker sells inexpensive items like food items, handicrafts, etc.||A street vendor is a person who sells goods on the streets either from a stall, moving van, or by keeping goods laid out on the pavement.|
5. What is the chain of market?
Answer: A chain of markets is a series of markets through which goods pass from producers to consumers.
6. Why are branded products are expensive?
Answer: Branded products are claimed to have better quality. These products are promoted through advertisements. These products are sold in big shops or showrooms. Hence, these branded products are expensive.
7. Why do neighborhood shops give credit to customers?
Answer: Mostly, shopkeepers know the buyers. To keep their customers loyal, these shopkeepers give credit to the buyers.
8. What are the features of neighborhood shops?
>> These are permanent shops. They are near our home and we can go there on any day of the week.
>> Others sell their goods on the roadside.
>> Usually, the buyers and seller know each other and these shops also provide goods on credit.
>> There are different kinds of sellers even in the neighborhood markets.