NCERT Class 7 Civics Chapter 8 Extra Questions cover all the important topics in a simplified and precise way. NCERT Class 7 Civics Chapter 8 Extra Questions are easy to understand and learn for exams.
NCERT Class 7 Civics Chapter 8 Extra Questions
1. What is a Putting-out System?
Answer: The cloth merchants supply the raw materials to the weavers and receive the finished products. This arrangement is called the Putting-out System.
2. What are the advantages and disadvantages of a putting-out system?
|(1) They do not have to spend their money on the purchase of yarn.|
(2) They are also free from the tension of selling the finished cloth.
|(1) Weavers are dependent on merchants. Hence, merchants take advantage of weavers.|
(2) Weavers get low wages and the cloth merchants earn more profit.
3. What are Ginning and Spinning?
Ginning is the process of separating seeds from cotton bolls.
Spinning is the process of making the yarn from cotton fiber.
4. How does the market work move in favor of the rich and powerful? What are the ways to overcome them?
Answer: Rich and powerful business persons earn the maximum profit. These people have the resources to invest in their businesses. Whereas The poor have to depend on the rich and the powerful for various things. The poor depend on the rich and powerful for loans, employment, etc. The poor get exploited due to their dependencies.
The dependency and exploitation of the poor can be overcome by forming Cooperatives. The laws formed by the Government for the welfare of the workers must be followed strictly.
5. What is a weaver’s cooperative?
Answer: People with common interests come together and work for their mutual benefit. In a weaver’s cooperative, the weavers form a group and
take up certain activities collectively.