NCERT Class 7 Geography Chapter 2 Extra Questions cover all the topics in a simplified and precise way. NCERT Class 7 Geography Chapter 2 Extra Questions are easy to understand and learn for exams.
NCERT Class 7 Geography Chapter 2 Extra Questions
1. What is called the uppermost layer of the earth?
Answer: Crust. It is the thinnest of all the layers.
2. Name the main mineral constituent of the continental mass.
Answer: Silica and alumina (sial)
3. Name the constituents of the oceanic crust.
Answer: Silica and magnesium. (sima)
4. What is the radius of the core?
Answer: The radius of the core is about 3500 km.
5. What are the main constituents of the core?
Answer: The main constituents of the core are nickel and iron. It is usually known as nife.
6. What is the earth’s crust made of?
Answer: It is made up of different types of rocks.
7. What are called igneous rocks?
Answer: When the molten magma cools, it becomes solid. Rocks formed in this way are called igneous rocks.
8. What are fossils?
Answer: The remains of the dead plant and animals trapped in the layers of rocks are called fossils.
9. What happens when igneous and sedimentary rocks go under great heat and pressure?
Answer: They change into metamorphic rocks.
10. What are minerals? How are they useful for mankind?
Answer: Minerals are naturally occurring substances that have certain physical properties and definite chemical compositions. Minerals are very useful for mankind. Some minerals like coal, natural gas, and petroleum are used as fuels. They are also used in industries. Iron, aluminum, gold, uranium, etc. are used in medicine, Fertilizers, etc.
|Class 7 Social Science Notes|
|Class 7 Social Science Question Answers|
|Class 7 Social Science Extra Questions|
|Class 7 Social Science Online Tests|