NCERT Class 7 Geography Chapter 6 Extra Questions covers all the important topics in a simplified and precise way/. NCERT Class 7 Geography Chapter 6 Extra Questions are easy to understand and learn for exams.
NCERT Class 7 Geography Chapter 6 Extra Questions
1. How is the altitude of land and the character of vegetation related to each other?
Answer: With the change in height the climate changes and that changes natural vegetation.
2. Where are shrubs found?
Answer: Shrubs are found in dry regions.
3. What are the features of tropical evergreen forests?
(1) Dense forests with thick canopies.
(2) No particular dry season and no shedding of leaves. (Evergreen forests)
(3) Hardwood trees.
(4) Ebony, Mahogany, Rosewood, etc. are common examples.
4. Name the trees found in the tropical deciduous forests.
Answer: Sal, teak, neem and shisham.
5. Why are only citrus fruits cultivated in Mediterranean regions?
Answer: It is because people have removed the natural vegetation in order to cultivate citrus fruits.
6. Describe the temperate grasslands.
(1) Found in the temperate zone.
(2) Tall grasses, about 3 to 4 meters.
(3) Moderate rainfall.
(4) Elephants, giraffes, deer, leopards are common animals.
7. Write examples of various types of forests.
|Forest Type||Examples of trees|
|Tropical Evergreen Forests|
|Ebony, Mahogany, Rosewood|
|Tropical Deciduous Forests|
|Neem, Shisham, Sal, Teak|
|Temperate Evergreen Forests||Oak, Pine, Eucalyptus|
|Temperate Deciduous Forests||Oak, Ash, Beech|
(Orchards of the World)
|Oranges, Figs, Olives, Grapes|
|Pine, Chir, Cedar|
NCERT Class 7 Social Science Notes
NCERT Class 7 Social Science Question Answers
NCERT Class 7 Social Science Extra Questions
NCERT Class 7 Social Science Online Tests