NCERT Class 7 History Chapter 9 Question Answers cover the book exercise in a precise and simplified way. NCERT Class 7 History Chapter 9 Question Answers are easy to understand and learn for exams.
NCERT Class 7 History Chapter 9 Question Answers
1. Match the Following:
2. What is Manipravalam? Name a book written in that language.
Answer: Manipraval is a language. The name of a book written in this language is Lilatilakam.
3. Who were the major patrons of Kathak?
Answer: The Mughals were the major patrons of Kathak.
4. What are the important architectural features of the temples of Bengal?
Answer: Important architectural features of the temples of Bengal are:
>Temples had the double-roofed or four-roofed structure of the thatched huts.
>Temples were usually built on a square platform.
>The interior was relatively plain but the outer walls of many temples were decorated with paintings, ornamental tiles, or terracotta tablets.
5. Why did minstrels proclaim the achievements of heroes?
Answer: Minstrels used to recite poems and songs which depicted the stories of the ”Rajputs’ heroics.
Through such poems and songs, these minstrels inspired others to follow the examples of Rajputs. These stories also attracted ordinary people.
6. Why do we know much more about the cultural practices of rulers than about those of ordinary people?
Answer: The cultural practices of rulers were preserved in palaces for centuries. Records related to ordinary people did not survive for long. Hence, we know more about the cultural practices of rulers than about those of ordinary people.
7. Why did conquerors try to control the temple of Jagannatha at Puri?
Answer: The social, political, and religious importance of the temple of Jagannatha at Puri increased. Hence, conquerors tried to establish control over the temple. They felt that this would make their rule acceptable to the local people.
8. Why were temples built in Bengal?
>From the 15th century, Individuals or groups built temples to demonstrate their power and wealth.
>Some of the temples got constructed with the support of several low social groups.
>Some social groups built temples to show their social and economic status.