Class 5 SST Chapter 7 Question Answers from Saudi Arabia – The Land of Hot Sands.
Class 5 SST Chapter 7 Question Answers – True or False.
- Saudi Arabia has a temperate climate as most of it lies in the Temperate Zone. False
- Most people in Saudi Arabia are nomads. False
- Nights in Saudi Arabia are hot. False
- Sand dunes are hills of sand that remain fixed in their places. False
- In an oasis, underground water comes up to the surface. True
- The main income of Saudi Arabia comes from petroleum. True
- Saudi Arabia has a very modern society. True
Class 5 SST Chapter 7 Question Answers – One Word Type.
- The capital of Saudi Arabia: Riyadh
- Hills of sand that keep shifting because of strong winds: Sand Dunes
- Nomads of Saudi Arabia: Bedouins
- The most important pilgrim centre of the Muslims: Mecca
- The main natural resource of Saudi Arabia: Petroleum
Class 5 SST Chapter 7 Question Answers
- Describe the climate of Saudi Arabia.
- What kinds of plants grow in the deserts of Saudi Arabia?
- What is a (a) peninsula, (b) oasis?
- What is the importance of oases for the people living in the desert regions of Saudi Arabia?
- Why is Saudi Arabia such a rich country?
- Who are Bedouins?
- How did Bedouins traditionally earn their living?
- Why is Saudi Arabia important for the Muslims of the world?
Class 5 SST Chapter 7 Question Answers – MCQs
- Arabia lies partly in the Tropical Zone and partly in the Temperate Zone. Its climate can best be described as
(A) tropical (hot and wet)
(B) temperate (neither very hot nor very cold)
(C) hot and dry
(D) cold and dry
- Saudi Arabia is a rich country because
(A) it has a very fertile land
(B) it has huge industries and exports of several products
(C) it has vast deposits of petroleum which are exported
(D) a large number of tourists visit the country every year
- The official religion of Saudi Arabia is
(D) it has no official religion
- Which of these is an important pilgrim centre for Muslims?
(D) all of these