1. India is the world’s second-largest English speaking country
USA has the largest English speaking population. About 10% of Indian population speaks English.
2. India has the largest network of postal services.
There are more than 1.5 lakh post offices in India. There is a famous floating post office in Dal Lake, Srinagar.
|Floating post office in Dal Lake, Srinagar.|
3. The highest cricket ground in the world
Chail Cricket Ground in Chail, Himachal Pradesh, is the highest in the world. It was built in 1893.
|Chail Cricket Stadium in Himachal Pradesh|
4. Water on the moon was discovered by India
India’s ISRO Chandrayaan- 1 detected water on the moon for the first time in 2009.
5. Largest number of vegetarians in the world
India is the largest population of vegetarians. Around 40% of Indians are vegetarians.
6. The world’s largest producer of milk
India is the world’s largest producer of milk, contributing about 19% of the world’s total milk production with over 150 million tonnes of milk production every year.
7. The first country to consume sugar
Sugar was extracted and purified in India for the first time. From India this technique everywhere in the world.
8. Diamonds were first mined in India
Diamonds were only found in the Krishna River Delta initially. Later diamonds were in Brazil in 18th century.
9. Snakes and Ladders game originated in India
Indian saint, Gyandev invented the game in 13th century. It was called Mokshpat.
10. Shampoo was invented in India
The first known mention of shampoo is from the 4th century B.C. Shampoo word is derived from the Hindu word champo which means ‘to massage’.