Class 4 Social Studies Chapter 15 Question Answers cover book exercise questions in a simplified and precise way. Class 4 Social Studies Chapter 15 Question Answers are easy to understand and learn for exams.
#Means of Transport
Class 4 Social Studies Chapter 15 Question Answers
A. Fill in the blanks.
1. National Highways connect important cities in India.
2. The underground railway in Kolkata and Delhi is called metro.
3. Helicopters are flying machines that can land where aeroplanes cannot.
4. Mumbai is the largest seaport in India.
B. Write T for true and F for false sentences.
1. India has the largest railway network in the world. False
2. the coming of private airlines has made air travel in India more expensive. False
3. Transporting goods by ships is cheaper than by train. True
4. Water transport is very useful for taking food and medicines to affected people during floods. False
C. Answer the following questions.
1. What are the four modes of transport?
2. Why is the government giving special attention to improving highways?
– For faster movement of goods and people.
– For industrial development
3. Why is road transport considered to be the most convenient?
Roads can be built anywhere, even on high mountains. Goods can reach our doorsteps through roads.
4. When and where was the first railway line built in India?
The first railway line was built in India in 1853 between Mumbai and Thane.
5. What is a metro rail?
Metro is a railway system for travel within a city. It may be underground or elevated.
6. What are the advantages of air travel?
– Air travel is the fastest means of transport.
– Aeroplanes can fly over any mountains, deserts, etc.
– Air transport is very useful during natural calamities, war, etc.
7. Why are helicopters used in times of calamities to transport food?
Answer: Because helicopters can land anywhere and they don’t need runways.
8. What are the advantages of water transport?
– Water transport is the cheapest means of transport.
– It is convenient for transporting bulky goods to other countries.
D. Multiple choice questions.
- Which of these is a mode of travel?
(D) all of these
- Which of these is the cheapest means of transporting goods?
- Which of these is the fastest mode of transport?
- The best mode of transport for sending relief supplies to flood-affected areas is
- The main reason for the increase in the number of people travelling by air in India in the past few years is
(A) people like to travel fast
(B) air travel has become cheaper
(C) more aeroplanes are being built
(D) air travel is safe