NCERT Class 7 Civics Chapter 4 Extra Questions include all the important questions that are not covered in the chapter exercise. The solutions to the NCERT Class 7 Civics Chapter 4 Extra Questions are simplified and easy to understand.
NCERT Class 7 Civics Chapter 4 Extra Questions
1. Why do we give boys and girls different toys to play with?
Answer: Different toys are given to tell them that they will have different futures when they become men and women.
2. What do we teach boys and girls in their early childhood?
Answer: Boys are taught to be tough and masculine. On the other hand, girls are taught to be soft and mild.
3. Why are the wages of domestic workers usually low?
Answer: Because the work of domestic workers is not given much value.
4. How are domestic workers treated by their employers?
Answer: Despite the hard work done by the domestic workers, they don’t get the the respect from their employers.
5. What is the meaning of caregiving?
Answer: Caregiving refers to a range of tasks related to looking after and nurturing. Besides physical tasks, they also involve a strong emotional aspect.
6. What is a Child-care center (Anganwadi)?
Answer: A Child-care center is a place created and managed by the Government to provide support to working women. Such women can keep their children at the child-care center and go to work without worrying about their children.
7. What are the steps taken by the government to promote equality in women’s work?
(1) By passing the laws that it is mandatory for organizations that have more than 30 women employees to provide creche
(2) By setting up child-care centers in the rural areas to provide work opportunities to women.
|Class 7 Social Science Notes|
|Class 7 Social Science Question Answers|
|Class 7 Social Science Extra Questions|
|Class 7 Social Science Online Tests|