NCERT Class 7 Civics Chapter 5 Extra Questions include all the important questions that are not covered in the chapter exercise. The solutions to the NCERT Class 7 Civics Chapter 5 Extra Questions are simplified and easy to understand.
NCERT Class 7 Civics Chapter 5 Extra Questions
1. How did Laxmi Lakra break the stereotype that only men could be engine drivers?
Answer: She became the first woman engine driver for Northern Railways.
2. Write two reasons why many girls do not continue their education.
3. What is the purpose of conducting a census every 10 years?
Answer: Census is held every 10 years to count the whole population of the country.
It also collects detailed information about the age, education, occupation, etc. of the people.
4. How did the literacy rates change in India after the Independence?
Answer: According to the 1961 census, about 40% of all males and 15% of all females were literate.
In the census of 2001, 76% of males became literate and the female literacy rate reached to 54%.
This means that the literacy rates for both males and females increased.
But the literacy rate for females is still very low as compared to the males. The gap is still wide.
5. What are the various ways women apply to fight discrimination and seek justice?
Answer: The various ways women apply to fight discrimination and seek justice are as follow:
|(a) Campaigning: To fight discrimination and violence against women.|
|(b) Raising Awareness: To raise public awareness on women’s rights issues.|
|(c) Protesting: To raise voice against the violations against women.|
|(d) Showing Solidarity: To show support to women and their causes.|
|Class 7 Social Science Notes|
|Class 7 Social Science Question Answers|
|Class 7 Social Science Extra Questions|
|Class 7 Social Science Online Tests|