Schedules of Indian Constitution include a list of 12 schedules and related articles. There were 8 schedules when the Constitution was adopted in 1949. Four more schedules were added to the constitution by the constitutional amendments.
First Schedule of Indian Constitution
First of the 12 Schedules of the Indian constitution talks about the names of States and Union Territories and their Jurisdiction territories.
Related Articles: Article 1 and Article 4.
Second Schedule of Indian Constitution
The provisions related to the allowances, privileges, emoluments of:
- President of India
- Governors of Indian States
- Supreme Court and High Court Judges
- Comptroller & Auditor General of India
- Speaker and Deputy Speaker of Lok Sabha
- Chairman & Deputy Chairman of Rajya Sabha
- Speaker and Deputy Speaker of Legislative Assemblies of Indian States
- Chairman and Deputy Chairman of Legislative Councils of the Indian States
Third Schedule of Indian Constitution
It talks about the Oath and Affirmation for:
- Union Ministers of India
- State Ministers
- Members of Parliament (MPs)
- State Legislature Members (MLAs)
- Parliament Election Candidates
- State Legislature Elections’ Candidates
- Supreme Court Judges
- High Court Judges
- Comptroller and Auditor General
Fourth Schedule of Indian Constitution
Fifth Schedule of Indian Constitution
Sixth Schedule of Indian Constitution
Seventh Schedule of Indian Constitution
This schedule deals with the three legislative lists:
- Union – 100
- State – 61
- Concurrent – 52
Related Article: Article 246.
Eighth Schedule of Indian Constitution
8th Schedule of the 12 schedules of the Indian constitution talks about the 22 official languages recognized by the Indian Constitution.
Related Articles: Article 344 and Article 351
Comments are closed.